Capable, stand-out resource who quickly establishes credibility, builds relationships and assumes a leadership role with a proven record of consistently accomplishing and exceeding organizational goals in wide-ranging environments.
Academic: Developed event logistics, infrastructure, strategies, website and tactical plans to produce the first profitable event in the history of the LSA Institute.
Cultural: Crafted independent critical and descriptive comparative analysis of two Native American languages of the Pacific Northwest as part of PhD research program and presented numerous papers on findings.
Entrepreneurial: Built operational infrastructure to support company growth and designed sales programs to drive revenue to $3.8 million within three years of start up.
Entertainment: Co-produced an independent feature film starring Mekhi Phifer securing filming locations and providing communications infrastructure.
International: Doubled the size of the International Language School in Budapest, Hungary by designing a new curriculum, managing finances, developing personnel and implementing an innovative marketing campaign.
Front End Developer
Custom Theme, Mega Menus, Custom Post Types, Advanced Custom Fields
Project Manager/Sr. Developer
Adapted theme for mobile, Custom Post Types, SSL, set up GitHub
Handcrafted a starter theme adding in custom functionality
2013 March-Nov – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR – WP Valet, LLC
Bootstrapped start-up service company specializing in Migrations and Maintenance of WordPress websites
• Working closely with the CEO developed and implemented new lines of revenue to help ensure the consistent growth of the company.
• Built CRM infrastructure and communication platform for company-wide information sharing.
• Mentored and coached employees and contractors at all levels of the company.
2012 – CO-PRODUCER, Locations and Transportation Manager, IT Director – The Suspect LLC
Independent Feature Film starring Mekhi Phifer, William Sadler, Sterling K. Brown and Derek Roché.
• Employed natural resourcefulness by scouting situationally appropriate locations and negotiating their contractual use while operating within an extremely tight budget.
• Outfitted Production Office with infrastructure including installing CAT5e cabling, establishing CRM, Google Apps, intranet , VOIP telephony and web presence.
2009 – 2012 MANAGING DIRECTOR – Emergent 24/7 Consulting
Boutique consulting firm geared toward purpose-driven business focussing on process improvement, change management, team building and encouraging leadership at all levels
• Developed, compiled, documented and implemented a system of Best Practices designed to streamline, clarify and simply store processes for training and as a management tool.
• Rolled out social networking platform using WordPress MultiUser with Buddypress plugin targeting companies and individuals who achieve profits through the pursuit of a higher purpose.
2004 – 2009 GENERAL MANAGER – Century GSE, Santa Barbara, California
An organization that markets professional ground support equipment services to major airlines, ground handling, cargo and private aircraft companies.
• With full P&L responsibility, provide the operational strategy and decision-making authority necessary to support a $3.8M revenue stream. Establish corporate direction, shared vision and drive future growth.
• Expertise includes building client relationships, working directly with top client officers to gain market acceptance, and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Oversaw all sales and marketing efforts, refined an online Customer Relationship Management (CRM), created web presence, initiated and cultivated several e-commerce initiatives, including search engine optimization and point-per-click campaigns.
2003 – 2004 OPERATIONS MANAGER – Century GSE, Santa Barbara, California
• Expedited the operational infrastructure to ensure efficient inventory control, administrative execution, appropriate documentation and transportation logistics.
• Developed in-house CRM using relational databases in Filemaker Pro to ensure proper documentation of customer contact and follow up.
2000 – 2001 PROJECT MANAGER – 2001 LSA Linguistic Institute, UC, Santa Barbara
The institute is held at a different university every other year. My job was to take the framework of the LSA program and fit it into the structure of UCSB Summer Sessions.
• Recruited by Dean of UCSB Graduate Studies to develop the logistical strategy and business plan the LSA summer program, a 6-week intensive course attended by 1,000 people.
• In charge of site logistics, website, print marketing, class schedule coordination, business connectivity, equipment, registration, agendas, transportation, travel accommodations, interacted with distinguished scholars and professionals.
• Produced the only profitable event in the history of LSA.
1990 – 1993 VICE PRINCIPAL/ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
International Language School, Budapest, Hungary Private language school specializing in training adults to learn to speak English through a variety of different curricula.
• Became the driving force responsible for a profitable expansion of the school during a period of rapid growth and cultural change.
• Provided the leadership, vision, strategy, training and resources necessary to ensure all educational training and programs reflected the highest degree of quality and accuracy.
• Managed financial operations, prepared budgets and forecasts.
• Created operational plans to reach revenue and expense goals.
• Played a vital role in profoundly transforming the structure and quality of the language program.
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA – C.Phil., (PhD Candidate) Linguistics, 1996-2002
University of Montana, Missoula, MT – M.A. Linguistics, 1994-1996
La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA – B.A., Business Administration and French, 1990
Université de Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland – Coursework in French Language, 1988-89
Strong international background. Extensive world-wide travel. 3 year residency in Hungary. Interests: Mentoring runners with Team in Training, cooking, fine cuisine, travel, languages (conversational Hungarian and French) Founder and former strategic director of international language research group (ten-year history) which focused on indigenous Native American languages.
Technically sophisticated: WordPress/Buddpress MultiSite, HTML, CSS, PHP, JQuery, Google Apps, VOIP, PBX Systems, Cabling, TCP/IP, Salesforce, Adobe Photoshop
Greatest strength: motivating people to achieve ambitious goals.
Ready for a New Challenge
firstname.lastname@example.org ▲ ▲ +1.202.599.0704